Pumpkin season is upon us, although where I live, I'm not sure if Pumpkin is really ready to make its debut. One minute I feel like I should pull out the bikini, the next minute my NorthFace fleece. Anyhoo, a change in weather calls for a change in nail care essentials. Why, you may ask? Well, here are some of the most common ways fall and winter negatively impacts our hands and nails.
- Less hydration
- Less likely (due to cold weather and inclement weather) to go to a salon for healthy nail care maintenance
- Dry nails cause chipped nail polish and dry, brittle nails. Dry nails can also cause your mani to have a shorter life span.
- Dry cuticles created by colder temperatures as well as increased temperatures inside. As we crank up the heat to fight the cold, the heat diminishes moisture and can cause our hands and cuticle to become dry which can lead to peeling and cracking. Water draws moisture from the nail as the water dries.
What does this mean? A lackluster mani! Nail polish can never survive on dry, brittle nails.
So, knowing this, what can be done. Here's a few tips and essentials:
- Moisturize hands every day. At night, put cuticle oil on your cuticles
- Do a nail treatment once a month and/or wear a base coat that has nail strengthener capabilities.
- Use a nail brush to clean your nails and evict yucky germs.
Here are some products that we recommend as essential Fall nail care items:
- Cuticle oil
- Moisturizer (click HERE for our review)
- Nail treatment (look for one that hydrates and strengthens the nail). We've got you covered, HERE, with Retreat, a calcium infused nail treatment.
- Nail cleaning brush (click HERE for reasons why)
How do you take care of your nails during the Fall? Or Spring? Or Summer? Do you have a routine? Let us know!
Now that we've gotten business out of the way, click HERE for the fun stuff, shopping!